The Rent vs Buy a home decision isn't nearly as simple as many people think. I hear it said so often that renting is like flushing money down the toilet, and smart investors buy their home. That is false and there can be many circumstances where renting your home is actually the better financial choice long-term depending on:
- The Price to Rent ratio in your area
- How often do you move?
- What rate of return do your investments get?
- What are interest rates at?
- Are you a disciplined saver?
In this video I break down the detailed calculation of the actual decision I'm going through right now of whether to buy a home or keep renting. You can change the numbers to match your area and make the best financial decision for your future. The difference could be MILLIONS!
Want to join the Awesome VTS Community?
* All information, analysis, and articles on this site are provided for informational purposes only. Nothing herein should be interested as personalized investment advice as I make no recommendations to buy, sell, or hold any securities or positions. I'm making this website available "as is" with no warranty or guarantees of its accuracy, completeness, or current's. If you rely on this website or any of the information contained, you do so entirely at your own risk. I do not hold myself out as a financial advisor and nothing herein is a solicitation for any fund or securities mentioned. Although I may answer general questions about the information herein, I'm not licensed or registered under security laws to address your personal investment situation. Past performance is not indicative of future results. Any and all financial decisions are the sole responsibility of you the individual.